Setting up your new mattress is easy. Your mattress has been machine rolled and compressed for efficient delivery to your home and will not affect its performance.
Step One: After removing the compressed mattress from the box place it on the bed frame where your mattress will ultimately be so you don’t have to move it after it decompresses.
Step 2: Carefully remove the outer plastic cover with scissors. Exercise care and remove the plastic cover by hand.
Step 3: Gently pull the compressed product to unroll it. At this point, you may need to flip it over so the underside of the mattress is on the bed frame.
Step 4: Carefully trim the inner plastic cover with scissors to start the mattress decompression. Gently pull away the inner plastic cover and discard
- Please allow 24 to 72 hours for your Mattress to regain its full shape.
- In cold temperature, at delivery, your mattress may take a bit longer to return to full sized from its compressed state.
- Once the mattress is unrolled and placed on your bed, allow it to recover naturally before making your bed.
- Leave the mattress uncovered during the first few days, allowing the air in your home to circulate around the product.
Airing Out Your Mattress
- Foam mattresses typically have a mild residual scent distinct to the product when new. This is sometimes heightened when delivered during cold weather.
- Some consumers are sensitive to odor, and while we understand it might be irritating, It is in no way harmful or unhealthy. It will quickly dissipate as the mattress is used daily, allowing the open cells to expel the “processing” air and take in new air.
- Should you spill something on your mattress, blot the stain immediately. If the spill is large and the mattress deeply soaked, blot the excess moisture using terry towels and pressure until the area is no longer drenched.
- Never use chlorine bleach or other harsh chemicals to clean the mattress or cover. For spot cleaning, only use a water based cleaning product and never deeply drench the mattress.
- Use a lightweight protective mattress pad designed to work with a foam mattresses. This will keep your mattress fresh and free from stains
- Your mattress should always be placed on a good quality foundation – an improper foundation may cause sagging. Also, if you have a queen or king sized mattress a center support is recommended.
- We DO NOT recommend use of an electric blanket or electric pad with this mattress. Prolonged usage of an electric blanket or pad, at high heat may damage the mattress and impact its ability to reduce pressure and stress properly.
- Do not remove your mattress law tag – The label serves as a means of identification should you have a warranty claim.